Our Country Market is open every Thursday from 8.30 –11.00 am. There is always a warm welcome upstairs in the Minchinhampton Market House.
Anyone over the age of 16 can become a producer, and sell their home produced goods. The tables are set out with everyone’s goods and the customer pays for all their purchases at the cash desk.
10% commission is taken from the items you sell to cover overheads. The rest is yours and is usually paid at the end of the month. The market is a co-operative social enterprise and is made up of cooks, gardeners and craft workers, with an elected management committee. We are a team and take pride in working together to provide excellent goods for our customers.
We have a range of stalls covering:
- Home-grown Vegetables, Fruit and Herbs in season
- Home Baked Cakes and Savouries
- Free Range Eggs
- Home Grown Plants, Bulbs, Houseplants, Bedding and Cut Flowers
- Floral Baskets, Bouquets and Flower Arrangements
- Jams, Marmalades, Chutneys and Honey
- A large selection of Crafts such as knitted and sewn goods, wooden items, greetings cards and jewellery
Country Markets set a very high standard for all produce sold in the local market. Bakery items and garden produce are always freshly cooked or freshly picked. All our cooks hold a current ‘Food Hygiene Certificate’. The kitchens may be inspected by the local Environmental Health Officers.